Jean-Claude Chartrand, chef/owner, has always surrounded himself with professionals who are lovers of the fine culinary arts, be it his kitchen brigade or dining room team, and who provide an impeccable, personalized and highly nuanced service to create unparalleled culinary experiences thanks to the sublime à la carte menu and the original tables d’hôtes.
In season, L’Orée du Bois makes it its duty, its mission even, to use products from local farmers. To this we add its fine herbs garden, whose bounty is used to concoct numerous duck or smoked salmon based dishes and finger foods as well as several by products, making it possible to prepare a menu that is traditional, rustic and bold.
L’Orée du Bois has had a traditional smokehouse for a few years now, and it slowly smokes its meat, poultry and fish using maple wood. It also manufactures its own chocolates.
L’Orée du Bois offers you fine regional and French cuisine that is rich in top-notch produce from the Outaouais region.
Jean-Claude Chartrand, chef/owner
- Designs and develops the menus and featured dishes
- Establishes partnerships with providers of produce and other gastronomic products
- Finalizes the descriptions for the dishes
- Stocks up on quality products
- Manages and expands the wine cellar
- Creates and sets up dishes
- Ensures the restaurant’s reputation through flawless quality control